What is Divider PCB?
The Divider PCB Kit is a modification for the Rat Rig V-Minion 3D Printer* to make it much easier to disconnect the electronics box from the main printer, do maintenance on your machine, move your machine around, or just plain keep it all nice and tidy.
The Divider is supplied as a kit with varying components depending on how much of the assembly you already own, wish to self source, or want to be provided in the kit. There is nothing different between the PCB or components used in each of the tiers it just changes which bits you get and which bits you don’t.
There is no solder or soldering iron provided in the kit.
The divider PCB kit includes the following:
- Bare PCB: The printed circuit board with no components. These are professionally made by JLCPCB. Clean, cut and ready to go.
- Assembly Jig STL: This is a digital file that you can download after purchase and print yourself. It is optional but can help greatly with PCB assembly.
- Written Guide: This is a thorough guide on preparation, assembly, printing, and wiring. It includes lots of instruction, detailed images, and pin diagrams of the design.
- Soldered Components: This is everything that is soldered to the PCB such as headers, diodes, resistors, connectors etc.
- Terminals, plugs etc: This is anything that assembles to the wires rather than to the PCB directly such as terminal crimps, plugs and ferrules.
- Some of it: Includes the bare PCB
- All of it: Includes everything from the ‘most of it’ bundle plus all micro-fit and JST plugs and terminals plus the ferrules needed for connecting wires.
Wires are not included with any kit bundle since many people require different lengths to suit their needs.
Documentation for the Divider PCB
Instead of having to download the files with your purchase, all the files you need with the kit can be found via Github and are freely available for anyone to view. The link below contains all the STL files and the PDF instruction manual. I recommended reading the manual ahead of assembly as it includes lots of key information.
*It could actually be used on many other printers too but is intended for use with the V-minion.